Saturday, May 14, 2011

Back Home in Juneau

Back at work in Juneau. Had a great time in Haines training the film and sound crews of Raw TV. What a great bunch of people. Then I had the pleasure of  training the miners of Porcupine Creek mine. Now these are some good and fun loving people.
What a fine bunch from the lower 48 that came to Alaska to learn to mine and try to support their family's just as those Sourdoughs did in the Gold Rush Days. A lot of very hard work and just as many hardships to boot.
I met some nice locals at their BBQ at the Haines fairgrounds. A bunch of little girls were entertaining folks with their dancing. They were none over 4 years old.
A very friendly and nice grandmother with two twin grandchildren sat across from us at the dinner table. I really enjoyed visiting with her. I would like to spend a little more time in Haines fishing, hunting, and maybe just seeing the sites. I will take the Ferry next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment